Kitchen hood - one of the most important appliances in the kitchen. Thanks to her, the kitchen gets rid of extraneous odors and harmful fumes that can form during cooking. These fumes have a detrimental effect not only on the well-being of the residents, but also on the room: the walls, the ceiling, the furniture, so choosing the right hood for the gas stove is an important task. It has its own nuances, since each type gives a different efficiency for different conditions of installation and operation.
Every hostess of a house nilly becomes the owner of a personal account, which is the kitchen. This is a daily workplace for all our compatriots. Being at home, girls spend most of their time there.
By cleaning mode
Purification can occur in two ways.
- With the help of special built-in filters.
- Exhaust ventilation, in which the air is moved outside the room.
100% cleaning provides exactly the second mode. Such systems are connected to a special ventilation duct or chimney, but this is not always possible. In addition, an additional air duct can spoil your kitchen design.
To calculate how to choose the right hood for the kitchen according to this parameter, you can take the following formula: kitchen area multiplied by the ceiling height, then by 12 (air exchange rate adopted by SES), then by the potential margin factor (equal to 1.3). For example, for a kitchen with an area of 6 meters and a ceiling height of 2.5 meters, equipment with a capacity of at least 234 cubic meters / h is suitable.
Some models are equipped with additional features that also make it easier to cook and stay in the kitchen as a whole:
- Interval device on. That is, once an hour the hood works for 5 minutes in order to circulate clean air around the clock. The power used is minimal.
- Residual fan stroke. This ensures the work of the hood after it is turned off. The time interval is from 5 to 15 minutes. So the air is cleared completely after cooking.
- For the same purpose serves as an electronic timer, but for a longer time.
- Built-in clock.
- Almost all models are equipped with a backlight. It does not affect ventilation, but during the cooking process it is a necessary and convenient addition.
Incandescent lamps, halogen lamps and fluorescent lamps are used as a light source in the hoods (this is a less common option). They are covered with a protective frosted or light-scattering glass. The most inexpensive option is with incandescent lamps, but devices with halogen lamps are more economical due to the small amount of electricity consumed. You can replace burnt out light bulbs yourself.
Classical (traditional) hood
This is a hanging version that is installed on the wall above the hob, and above the hood is a hanging kitchen cabinet. The advantages of the device is compactness. Such devices most often have acrylic grease filters. The main mode is air recirculation.