The kitchen is the room in which we spend most of the time. Especially homemakers, who now and then cook, clean. But in this room you can relax, especially if the kitchen is combined with the living room or dining room. It is extremely important to create coziness and comfort in this room, and try to make the room as functional as it is possible. A good housewife will appreciate all the delights of a modern equipped kitchen.
- Mimics any natural material, be it wood, leather or stone.
- She is not afraid of moisture, fat and evaporation, which is so often filled with kitchen space.
- The wall tile is fire resistant. When heated, it does not emit harmful chemicals, because it is made from natural materials, sand and clay.
- Ceramic tiles are so strong that they can protect the wall from collapse.
- The dirtiest place in the kitchen is the working zone of the hostess, in fact, where it is constantly washed, cleaned and cooked. Usually the tile is placed exactly on the wall of the working area, called the apron. Most often it is for the purpose of ease of care and cleaning. Sometimes it is enough to wipe with a damp cloth. But sometimes you have to use detergents, scouring powders or other chemicals. This is where its acid-base stability comes in handy.
- It is also resistant to temperature extremes. After all, something often cooks on the stove and boiling water on the wall is absolutely possible.
- Due to its porous structure, the tile perfectly absorbs moisture. This property and helps her better held together with the surface.
- The tile is a fairly durable material and even has a high resistance to abrasion.
Wall tiles in small kitchen
If you have a small kitchen, a large tile will only aggravate the situation. The room will visually seem even smaller. Therefore, it is better to use tiles with a maximum size of 10 cm * 10 cm. For a small room, an elongated or rectangular tile is suitable. And if you want to revet a large part of the wall, then it is better to choose a small tile or a mosaic tile, which can be added with different inserts. They will be especially relevant in the apron area. But do not forget about the correct combination of colors and styles.
An important role is played by grouting inter tile joints. In addition to the protective function, to prevent the formation of mold and mildew, grout eliminates the possibility of lagging the tile from the wall. And in aesthetic terms, it should be noted that contrasting seams attract attention. Contrast grout looks more stylish, but if you have a small kitchen, it will visually narrow it even more.
There is another little secret with trowels. It turns out that the dark-colored grout is able to visually make a floor cleaner and vice versa.
For a large kitchen, you will need an appropriate tile size. It will give the room harmony and compactness. In this case, the contrast grout will work best. It will make the space more stylish and original. But the choice is yours, you can process the seams and monochrome grout.
There is a glossy and matte tile. Gloss will make the room brighter and lighter, which will visually increase its space. The haze will give the room extra warmth and comfort. Experts say that the kitchen, which is located on the sunny side, more suitable matte tiles. This is explained by the fact that the matte surface does not blind when exposed to direct sunlight. Gloss, in turn, will look good in less-lit rooms. By the way on the glossy dark tile more visible mechanical damage.
Wall tiles can also vary in relief. Professionals recommend veneer kitchen walls with a glossy surface, because it is easiest to care for. Enough wet rags, sometimes with soap. But the relief surface is able to accumulate in itself dirt, grease, which eventually eats into the surface. Any hostess knows how difficult it is to clean the fat from the matte finish. But visually contamination is less visible precisely on matt, grainy dark-colored surfaces.
When choosing a color and pattern for a future wall tile, remember that lighting will directly proportional to its hue. Sunlight will visually make the color and pattern on the tile brighter and juicier. Halogen lamps will give a cool hue to color, and conventional lamps with yellow light, on the contrary, warm. You can take advantage of this phenomenon, or vice versa, if it is undesirable, refrain from it.
Tiles can be clad as fully kitchen walls, and its specific parts. Which option to choose to decide directly to the owners.
The main types of wall cladding tiles:
- Most often, the tile covers only the apron of the kitchen space, that is, along the working area of the kitchen unit - countertops, sinks and a gas stove. The height of the tile covering in this case comes to the wall cabinets.
- It is generally possible to tile only the main work area, for example, the space around the sink and / or plate.
- You can revet the entire surface of the kitchen room, then the kitchen is easiest to keep clean and tidy. Here the best tones are light tones. They will create the effect of lightness and visually increase the space that mistresses of small-sized kitchens will appreciate.
Tile on a wall with a decor or a panel
A tile of such a plan will create a unique image of your kitchen. It looks good tile monochromatic color with a 3D pattern. Any creative ideas can be realized, the main desire and the availability of opportunities. The pricing policy for such a tile will be several levels higher than the usual one-color. Modern building supermarkets will provide you with many sketches and drawings of such tiles. But the main thing is not to overload the space with excessive decor. Moreover, it concerns small rooms. Busting a picture can make a room uncomfortable to stay in it.
Looks good in union with monochromatic tiles. It is usually placed in the work area in certain pre-planned parts of it. But immediately note that wall cladding with such tiles is a very painstaking and laborious process. Tile-mosaic is very fragile and easily beats, so it is immediately better to take it with a stock.
The beauty of this type of tile is that it can be applied to any image or pattern. In fact - this is a tile under the order. And everything that is done individually requires additional financial investments. This will give the room originality and uniqueness, and even a little piquancy.
For 100% will produce a sensation especially in a monochrome interior. You can use tiles of various lengths, but at the same time it must be monotonous. This tile will be appreciated by lovers of high-tech. And the prices will pleasantly surprise.
Whatever tile you choose, consider that the master should lay it, otherwise the most expensive and masterpiece pattern can be turned into an unprecedented bad taste.