The bedroom is the room to which the most important functions are assigned. In the morning, from the first minutes, she should charge us with vivacity and positive. In the evening, on the contrary, the bedroom requires the most relaxed atmosphere so that you can relax and quickly go to sleep. The overall mood is almost completely determined by the design of the walls and the colors used.
Previously, it was simple - picked up the wallpaper to taste and pokleil, not thinking about how much they affect sleep and life in general. But modern designers, enlisting the support of psychologists, have created a whole set of rules and techniques that allow us to create not just a stylish, but functional design. Properly chosen shades and their combination allow you to design a unique decor, to maximally adjust the room to sleep, visually change the ratio of the walls, make the bedroom more spacious, add lighting or divide the room into zones.
Strong influence on the visual perception of the room can be appropriate frame of various shapes. Inserts in the form of horizontal stripes can slightly increase the width of the walls without affecting the level of comfort. But the design with vertical stripes should be careful, because they "eat up" the volume. Such inserts should be chosen only for spacious bedrooms, when there is a task to increase the comfort of the room.
Choosing wallpaper for a small bedroom, you should prefer light shades, perhaps with a small pattern. But large, bright and contrasting patterns should be avoided - they literally absorb space. Visually increase the spaciousness of the room will help diamonds or trapezoids. If it is necessary to narrow the space, isolated large elements that look very impressive and are suitable for large walls effectively cope with this.
There are many secrets, but if you try to summarize, then to choose the best wallpaper for your bedroom, you should first consider the following factors:
- Material. Proper selection of material determines not only the durability, but also how wallpaper affects the air in the bedroom.
- Colour. With color everything is clear, because the whole design is built, first of all, on the color combinations in the interior.
- Texture. This is the link between the material and the coloring of the wallpaper. Even irrespective of shades and overall design, a properly selected texture of the wall surface can relax, and unsuccessful, annoying.
- The combination of styles and decor. Inset from the wallpaper of a different color - fashion trends of modern design, but there are not so many good color ratios, so you should be careful here.
- Pattern. Having chosen a stylish pattern, you can create a unique atmosphere, but the risk of spoiling the look of the room with an unsuccessful combination is also great here.
A separate topic is the zoning of space in the bedroom using wallpaper. Here you should avoid abrupt transitions, do not risk at once with two bright colors. For example, three walls can be pasted over with beige wallpaper, and for the fourth (usually at the head of the bed) you can use beautiful wallpaper with a contrasting pattern (but not motley). Borders and moldings are also a good tool for space zoning.
Choosing wallpaper for the bedroom by type and material
Modern wallpaper amaze with a variety of materials that not only increase durability, but also allow you to create a truly exclusive bedroom design. Traditionally, it is customary to choose wallpaper only by shade, but first of all it is necessary to pay attention to the material. In addition to the durability of the wallpaper depends on the material:
- pasting method (glue used, time to full drying, etc.);
- humidity in the room (if the walls “breathe badly”, then people in such a room breathe is not so easy and pleasant);
- acoustics (and you did not notice that in some rooms it is always quiet and comfortable, while in others even the slightest rustle is annoying?);
- hypoallergenic and antiseptic properties (for the bedroom it is very important, even if your health is different absolute strength).
The range of materials today is huge. The choice, of course, depends solely on your preferences, but experts still give certain recommendations. All types of materials have their own characteristics and highlights, so we will pay a little attention to the most common.
- Paper wallpaper. They can be called "classics of the genre", because there were no others before. They are good and harmless, suitable for any walls, well "breathe". Disadvantages of paper wallpaper - low durability and the inability to wash them from contamination (today these problems solve a variety of additives, surface glazing and other tricks).
- Non-woven wallpaper for the bedroom. Flizelin is a new material made from cellulose fibers, which is similar in properties to paper, but lacks its main disadvantages. It is more durable and durable, resistant to moisture, has no allergenic properties. And its porous structure allows the walls to "breathe." The main advantage of non-woven wallpapers is that they can be painted many times.
- Vinyl. But this material is categorically not suitable for the bedroom, because it practically does not give access to air. The exceptions are perforated varieties of vinyl wallpaper, but they are best used for pasting walls in the living room or hall, but not in the bedroom.
- Textile wallpaper. This material is almost perfect for the bedroom. It looks luxurious, "breathes" better than others, retains its properties for a long time, does not fade and does not tarnish. There are only two drawbacks: the prices for this material are the highest, and clawed pets scratch it with great enthusiasm. These wallpapers do not "get along" in the same house with a cat.
- Natural materials. Fashionable and eco-friendly wallpaper from modern materials are often elements of unusual design solutions. It can be bamboo or cork panels, and board coverings resembling the finest parquet. Despite the undoubted environmental friendliness and sophistication of these materials, they are not yet very popular due to their low durability.
Choosing the color of the wallpaper for the bedroom
Color should be chosen in order to achieve the greatest comfort in the room, but one should not forget about the aesthetic effect. As a primary color, you can use one more saturated from the following list:
- Blue (as well as blue and turquoise hues) has a good relaxation effect. At night, the blue walls look dark, during the day - light.
- Green helps to relax after severe intellectual or psychological stress. Excellent for workers "intellectual work".
- Cream is completely neutral, does not have any pronounced effects. If the lighting of the room is “hot” (south side), a more gray tone will help “cool” the atmosphere. If the windows face north, a cream-colored beige shade will help to “warm” the dark room. When choosing wallpaper for a small bedroom, you should also prefer shades of cream.
- Chocolate tones create a feeling of extra warmth and comfort.
- Black wallpaper - a bold decision that can scare many. However, psychologists emphasize that such a design also contributes to maximum relaxation (provided that it does not cause any personal discomfort). A silver or gold embossing on black wallpaper will allow you to make the atmosphere more comfortable by creating a luxury interior. Gray wallpapers in the bedroom look stylish too, but this is again a matter of taste.
Of course, there are colors that should be strictly avoided when choosing wallpapers for the bedroom. These include red and “fiery” shades, which are considered stimulating colors, which means they will interfere with normal sleep. If you really want to decorate in shades of red, then the only color from this range, acceptable for the bedroom - pink.
Neat to be with yellow color. It has an invigorating effect that can help wake up in the morning, but it is unlikely to be useful in the evening. An unsuccessful choice will also be purple color and shades of mauve, which, although they seem to be “soft,” but cause internal anxiety inappropriate in the bedroom.
Various neutral tones and half tones are well combined with any colors: white, creamy, fawn and others; beige tones are well combined with other colors. When selecting and combining several colors in a bedroom, it is important to remember that the bedroom is not an artist's palette, where bold experiments with variegated colors are appropriate. You should give preference to neutral color combinations, and then in the bedroom there will always be a calm and cozy atmosphere.