In modern design, many solutions are known, by resorting to which one can distinguish one functional area from another. This includes the installation of plasterboard walls and partitions, and the delimitation of one space from another with the help of pieces of furniture, and various decor, and a combination of color, height of the floors and ceilings of each of the zones. In this article we will talk about one of the ways of zoning a one-room apartment - zoning curtains.
Curtain zoning is one of the most simple and convenient options for dividing a one-room apartment. This method has several advantages over other options for dividing an apartment into zones.
- To make an apartment zoning with the help of a cloth, it is not necessary to perform a large number of actions, arrange capital repairs or even cosmetic repairs. Curtains are installed very simply and do not require a lot of additional equipment for installation.
- Curtains are one of the cheapest materials for decoration. The price of fabrics, even for elite ones, is known to be much lower than the price of most building materials. And with certain skills, simple curtains can be created independently without the help of experts.
- Curtains do not occupy almost any space, unlike furniture, partitions, screens and other common methods of zoning. If necessary, they can be moved in one direction or completely removed by combining several parts of the room into one.
- Curtains in many respects are an element of an interior setting the general tone, style and mood. They allow you to place semantic accents without using a large number of complex decor.
- Due to its lightness, mobility and style-forming function, curtains help to quickly and easily update the interior, without resorting to major alterations and repairs.
Curtains as an element of zoning space have been used for a very long time. They are an integral element of the classical style or modern style. They are often used in the organization of space salons and boudoirs.
Curtains can often be used as a replacement door. Thus, a lot of space is saved, because it takes a fairly large amount of space to open and close the door, which cannot be occupied by anything else. Curtains as a replacement door will be successful in the separation of rooms that are actively used during the day, for example, the kitchen and living room.
In the case of a one-room apartment, the practice of separating with a bed cloth is common. In this case, a great way to use the canopy. This will give the room a special showiness and fabulous atmosphere. Another interesting solution would be to use double curtains, each side of which has its own color or pattern. So from the side of the sleeping area the curtains can be made in soft, calm pastel colors, and for the part that goes into the living room you can use colors more brightly.
Today the market offers a huge selection of curtains of various types and materials. In addition to traditional textile curtains, you can purchase options from bamboo or wooden, plastic beads. So bamboo curtains organically fit into the interior in the Japanese style, give the room an exotic look. Curtains of glittery beads create a bohemian atmosphere of chic and festive.
Zoning with cotton curtains
* Photos from www.ikea.com