Modern wall-mounted radiators not only create a comfortable and warm atmosphere in the room. Manufacturers offer a variety of wall models that can become the main focus of the interior. It is important to note that an interesting view does not reduce the useful properties of heating devices. Today it is not difficult to choose a product that has the desired performance characteristics.
Radiators can operate on the network or be connected to a centralized heating system (panel, sectional).
Electric wall mounted radiators
Heaters that work with electricity, can not be called a novelty, but thanks to modern technologies such compact models have appeared that they can be mounted on the wall. Such an arrangement saves space, and the risks of accidentally tilting the device or accidentally touching a hot surface are eliminated.
The main types of electric wall heaters include oil, convection, ceramic and infrared devices. The main advantage of these heaters is the possibility of arranging autonomous heating and connecting it to the "smart home" system.
The design consists of a metal sealed enclosure, a tubular electric heater. Electricity consumption ranges from 0.5 to 1.2 kW / h.
The device functions very simply: the metal heats up and heats the oil. Radiation gradually heats the air and heat is distributed throughout the room. Since the heater body does not heat up much, the dryness of the air does not exceed the values typical of rooms with water heating.
The appliance consists of a heating element and a housing in which there are special openings for the movement of air flow. Electricity consumption - from 1 to 1.5 kW / h.
The principle of operation is simple and is based on natural air circulation: through the lower / side grilles, the cold masses fall on the heating elements, and already the hot streams exit through the upper louvers mounted on the front panel of the heater. Since the instrument case does not heat up, the efficiency of the device is about 99%.
- durable and silent;
- the presence of several thermostats;
- easy care;
- safety at work - the case does not overheat, which eliminates the possibility of burns on contact;
- convenient installation (even on plasterboard walls);
- acceptable prices.
- significant energy consumption, which is especially significant in winter;
- devices with fans may make noise when heated or during the cooling process;
- replacement of heating elements at their burnout is not provided.
When choosing a vertical heater must be borne in mind that the size of the case may not correspond to the power of the device. For rooms with standard ceilings, 1 kW of power per 10 sq.m.
Some models have additional features:
- timer that allows you to control the running time;
- remote control, which is very convenient for regulating the heating process;
- a humidifier that creates the desired humidity in the room and a comfortable atmosphere;
- the presence of a built-in fan, which increases the efficiency of the device and increases the speed of heating the room.
Modern vertical models are equipped with waterproof enclosures, which allows you to install the heater in rooms with high humidity (bathrooms, showers).
The front side of the device can be not only metal. Today, customers are offered models with a glass-ceramic, granite faceplate. The surface can be decorated with an ornament or pattern.
Vertical gauges of standard sizes or special parameters are available. The largest model can have a height of 65 cm, and a small one - 33 cm. It is also interesting to see horizontal water heating convectors (floor and built-in).
Traditional cast iron heating radiators
Modern manufacturers offer a large selection of products that may vary in size, appearance, color design.
The design of the battery is a combination of sections that are cast separately. You can choose a radiator, in which there are from 3 to 12 elements. The number of sections is determined by several factors: the size of the room, the number of windows and the area of the window openings, the location of the apartment (angular or not). The weight of one section may be approximately 7 kg.
When wall mounted batteries necessarily take into account the nature of the walls, because not every coating is able to withstand a substantial radiator weight. Installation of the product is carried out with the help of reliable fasteners. When installing, keep the distance between the wall and the radiator at least 2 cm and the height from the floor covering - at least 10 cm.
Advantages of wall mounted water batteries:
- duration of operation. Specifications allow 50-55 years, although in practice this period sometimes lasts longer;
- strength. The material is able to withstand a pressure of about 18 atmospheres;
- energy saving - the preservation of heat for a long time (which is especially important when the system is suddenly disconnected);
- uniform heating of the room;
- corrosion resistance;
- easy care;
- large selection of manufacturers.
The disadvantages include:
- solid weight of products, which can cause difficulties during transportation and installation;
- modest appearance;
- the presence of areas that are difficult to clean / paint;
- temperature can not be adjusted;
- it takes time to warm up the room.
Before purchasing cast iron radiators, it is desirable to clarify the power of one section of the product. This will help you choose the right battery model, with the required number of sections. It is believed that for a room with one window and one external wall it is enough for every 10 sq. M of capacity in 1 kW. For a room with a window and two external walls, a power of 1.2 kW per 10 sq. M is required. And for heating a room with two windows and two external walls, 1.3 kW of power per 10 square meters is needed.
When installing a protective screen, there is a loss of heat (approximately 5-10%), which depends on the type of screen, battery power.
Modern heating systems are increasingly becoming elements of room design. Retro-style cast-iron batteries can become a real interior decoration, and stylish vertical cast-iron batteries no longer need to be hidden behind curtains or decorative screens.
The market of the heating equipment promptly develops. The aesthetic component of heating radiators is increasingly paying attention, and the new functionality of electric heaters (including energy-saving) make it easy to create a comfortable atmosphere in the apartment.