Such a structure, like a bath, requires the owner to make well-thought-out decisions, no mistakes are allowed here, because the materials used in construction must meet special parameters and requirements. They must withstand high temperatures, moisture, water, but they must also retain heat, which is so important. Equally important is the design itself, the service life and its quality will depend on it. You can make a ceiling in the bath with your own hands, but for this you need to know about the rules and features of the work performed.
If you decide to do the ceiling in the bath with your own hands, regardless of whether the building is stone or wooden, you should prepare for the need for careful preparation. The ceiling in the bath will be made of several layers:
- Ceiling decoration;
- Heat insulation;
- Vapor barrier;
- Attic flooring.
Each of the layers requires the selection of individual materials that can provide high-quality coating.
The most suitable material for filing is a wooden board. In order to sheathe the ceiling in the bath, you can use linden, it has a beautiful appearance, golden brown, except that it has a delicate pleasant smell. It has high performance, high temperature is not terrible, high humidity does not affect its condition and it is not deformed.
Also, the ceiling in the Russian bath can be made of aspen or larch, the advantage of this material is that it dries quickly and does not rot, but there is a drawback: the material may darken from steam, if the visual side is not very important, then it can be easily chosen .
Coniferous trees are better not to use. The fact is that from the effects of high temperature from the log will be released resin, which can cause burns in humans.
When choosing a material, make sure that it does not have cracks, knots or damage. The board, which has defects, will not work, except for the planed board, you can use a dowel. When it is planned to build an attic, the board must be at least 50 mm. Before you start working with a board, it must be properly processed, according to the advice of professionals, it must be impregnated with special means that will protect against destruction.
One of the important points for a bath is how fast it heats up and how long it keeps heat, because the consumption of materials that are spent on heating will depend on it, so insulation of the ceiling in the bath is a very important point that requires special attention. There are several options for how to insulate the ceiling in the bath:
A great option for warming is mineral wool, the main advantages of which are:
- Heat insulation;
- Does not give in to burning;
- It has no harmful substances.
When choosing this material, it is necessary to pay attention to the thickness: it should be 10 cm or more, it is better to choose rolled basalt, but, unfortunately, it also has disadvantages, it loses its properties from moisture, and good insulation is required, besides it has a high cost
Steam Protection Materials
It is equally important to know how to make the ceiling in the bath so that it does not succumb to the influence of steam, because it can ruin the insulation. If you do not ensure proper protection, moisture will accumulate in the layer of insulation, and sooner or later it will stop providing the necessary heat.
The best protective material in this case is foil. She trim the ceiling as follows: it is necessary to cover the entire surface and leave the overlap on the wall, the length of which must be at least 10 cm. This is done so that in the subsequent process, this protection is connected to the vapor barrier.
Since the foil is not a very cheap material, it can be replaced with a more affordable one. For example, plastic wrap also uses paper that is pre-soaked in wax. Immediately it should be noted that these materials are not as effective and have a shorter service life.
Moisture Protection Materials
The moisture protection must be durable, reliable and of high quality, and the foil material has such characteristics: it is very easy to work with it and it is able to provide all the necessary conditions. When laying it is necessary to fasten the material with a stapler.
It can be replaced with a cheaper protective material, such as plastic wrap, but the quality of protection will be much lower. If this material is chosen, it should be of high strength.
When all materials for the work are selected, you can proceed to such a process as finishing the ceiling in the bath. There are several options for how to sheathe and each owner chooses the most acceptable.
Such an option as a hemmed ceiling in the bath, first of all, is practical, because it has a space for an attic where you can store attributes for a bath.
Stages of work:
- When the installation of the frame of the beam is completed, on the inside it is necessary to hem the edging board.
- Further work will take place from the attic. The first layer is a vapor barrier that fits between the logs.
- The next layer is insulation, it is necessary to cover the entire surface so that there are no voids.
- Next comes a layer of waterproofing.
- At the top, all layers of protection are covered with boardwalk.
All layers of protection are stacked so that the last waterproofing was not higher than the beams. At the same time, it is necessary to observe the required thickness of each layer so that they can perform their functions.
The bath is built in several steps, which can be divided into:
- Designing a bath. This process can be carried out by yourself or resort to the help of a typical one. With knowledge of the dimensions of the panel, the calculation of the length of the walls for the minimum number of sections of materials is a simple procedure.
- After purchasing the necessary materials you can proceed to the foundation. You can choose the construction of the column or tape type. The choice depends not only on how complex the structure is, but also on the groundwater level.
- The next step is the creation of the box. During construction, it is recommended to use slabs whose thickness ranges from 7.5 to 10 centimeters.
- Roof construction This element must be built in a single-slope or dual-slope form, since the structure will not be able to withstand heavy loads.
- The final stage - finishing outside and inside. Here you can use any material that is to your liking. The most used now is lime wall paneling. Additionally, building insulation is not required.
Now every owner knows how to properly make the ceiling in the bath, which will be of high quality and have a long service life. If the room is a large steam room, the question arises how to trim the ceiling in the washroom and in the rest room as well as in the bath. The fact is that in the rest room and in the bathhouse the temperature also rises, strong humidity, steam and the same effect on the ceiling as in the steam room, the surface also requires protection, therefore the owner already knows how to sheathe, install and seal the ceiling. and difficulties should not arise.
The main thing in the arrangement is to pay due attention to the quality of the materials that will protect, then such a design will really ensure reliability and quality.