Saving the missing centimeters in the bathroom or creating a trendy design, often choose to install shower partitions made of glass. To save finances, you can choose shower partitions made of plastic. All of them, regardless of the material, are designed to protect the space from splashing water, for the most shy (and for large families) to hide the swimmer and at the same time create a harmonious interior.
To create partitions use different materials:
- sheet glass;
- glass blocks;
Choose partitions depending on the design of the bathroom and financial possibilities. Creative and fashionable to abandon the standard factory showers.
To create a shower without a pan, you need to make sure that the house is really equipped with sanitary plumbing.
The shower partitions from glass can ideally fit into any interior. Due to its natural rigidity, glass partitions do not require a frame, bringing lightness and airiness to the bathroom. Especially aesthetically pleasing, they look in the shower without a pan. In this case, a special ladder is arranged under the floor (for draining the water), and ceramic tiles are laid on the surface (be sure to make sure that it doesn’t get slippery when wet). To save space, you can install sliding shower partitions.
For safety, glass shower partitions are made from tempered glass. Passing a special treatment, such glass becomes extremely durable. Even having broken, it breaks up into splinters with blunt edges about which it is impossible to be cut. Also, for special strength, partitions are made from triplex (bonded in two layers of glass, and between them a laminating film with certain properties).
Plastic shower partitions
If the bathroom with a shower room needs only curtains, or the financial possibilities are somewhat limited, you can refuse the glass. The most budget option - plastic shower partitions. Plexiglas (acrylic glass) and polycarbonate belong to plastic. They have a number of advantages that allow, without losing the aesthetics, to make a choice in their favor:
- Accessibility in financial terms.
- Low weight.
- The flexibility of the material, which expands the design possibilities in the bathroom.
- Strength that is not inferior to glass.
- Aesthetic appeal - look modern.
Plastic shower partitions will look great in these interior styles:
In addition, plastic is a versatile material, it can be decorated as desired. For example, apply photo printing, make a matte, put a picture, choose a color. Some types of plastic differ from glass only by touch.
Plastic partitions are perfect for a bathroom with a shower, replacing the standard curtain. For corner shower or without a pallet will need to use the frame model.
Polycarbonate has become a popular building material in many areas. Polycarbonate shower partitions are suitable for public places (spas, swimming pools, fitness centers) and suburban areas, as well as to replace the classic bathroom curtains with a shower. Choose for this cellular polycarbonate thickness of 8-16 mm. It has a variety of colors and the ability to create any form of partitions. This material has many advantages:
- Low weight and flexibility allows you to cope with the installation.
- Easy installation. Polycarbonate does not require high professionalism.
- Moisture resistance.
- Durability against mechanical stress is stronger than glass.
- Flexibility sufficient to create rounded silhouettes.
- Fireproof. Does not ignite and does not sustain combustion.
- Good sound insulation is achieved due to the cellular structure.
- One of the best heat insulators that allows you to create your own microclimate in the shower.
- Durability. Polycarbonate does not lose its original appearance for a long time.
- Price. It is one of the most inexpensive materials.
Polycarbonate partitions constructively have different options:
- Stationary. Attached to the ceiling, provide good thermal and sound insulation.
- Mobile. They are easy to install, it is possible to move to a new place.
- Transformable. Parts of the partition move independently from each other.
- Sliding. Polycarbonate blades move along guides along each other.
Also, polycarbonate shower partitions differ in the presence of fastening profiles. They can be installed with a frame and without a frame. To equip the shower without a pan, it is necessary to properly seal the joints on the floor.
And finally, it is important to choose shower partitions for the bathroom depending on the requirements. They must be safe and bring aesthetic pleasure to the owners.