Almost always in the interior there is a soft fluffy carpet - a source of home comfort, warmth, an indicator of wealth of the owners. In this segment there are real "aristocrats" - natural silk products.
Silk invented by the Chinese, everyone knows about it. The first silk carpets appeared probably there. But China for thousands of years was an isolated empire, so the rest of the world did not know about it.
Carpets have been woven for centuries in the East, but from woolen threads. When the borders of the Celestial Empire opened, people admired the unprecedented weightless carpets. The Chinese did not hurry to disclose the manufacturing technology. The ancient Persians managed to solve the secret two hundred years before our era. However, Chinese silk carpets were still valued: the unattainable quality for competitors ensured the experience of thousands of years.
However, according to Turkey, they were the ones who wove the first carpet in the East. It happened near Istanbul in the town of Hereke. He had a unique weaving with a knot on each thread, called double Turkish.
Exceptional unique each product makes the manufacture by hand. The machine can not surpass the person to work with sensitive material.
Natural silk carpets are divided into fully silk and combined: with a base of wool fibers, cotton or flax. The first - the easiest, high quality and expensive. Raw materials require a thicker thread than usual. It is obtained by feeding the leaves of the oak to the silkworm.
Real Iranian carpets or analogues from other countries have two hundred knots per square with a side of one centimeter. These products are environmentally safe, hypoallergenic, antistatic. They are painted only with natural dyes: Basma, antimony, turmeric. High density and special weaving technique give strength, and with good care the carpet will delight several generations of the family.
The ancestor of the craft in the world recognized ancient Persia (its modern name is Iran). There are still hand-held machines here, and Iranian carpets are the best. Turkish carpet art competes with them in popularity. In third place is Chinese silk. Indian, Pakistani, Turkmen silk carpets are in demand.
Iran is traditionally the largest producer of handmade carpets. In the world, everyone knows Iranian carpets. This is a business card of the country, so the quality is monitored here.
Handmade Chinese silk carpets are considered the most valuable in the world. This is the object of hunting connoisseurs-collectors. The base and the pile are made of lightweight natural silk, but they are very dense, sometimes superior to Persian counterparts in this indicator.
In the Celestial Empire, carpets are made, the silk of which has an incomprehensible ability to change shades at different angles and lighting. They are pleasantly cool to the touch.
Symmetrical ornament is made up of lush patterns with medallions, borders, filled in four directions with spaces. This is Beijing style of weaving.
For Chinese carpets is characterized by careful study of the smallest details. The color scheme is the same for all provinces: white, red, black, beige, yellow, blue. Pastel colors are exported: pink, turquoise, dark blue. They are ideal for European interiors.
The Kashmiri silk carpets are considered the best. Walls are usually woven from silk on silk (the most expensive) or based on cotton. Floor - this carpet with wool and silk.
Carpets from India are famous for their combination of pink, red, blue, green, yellow colors. They are made in a modern or classic design. Classic implies an ornament of plants and flowers - symbols of renewal, health, good luck. Modern style is a straight line, glowing in the dark thanks to a special treatment.
Carpets from Goa are attractive: a tie of patterns from trees, exotic birds, animals, flowers, with an intense rich color gamut.
Natural silk carpets are always expensive. But not every expensive sample is real. Difficulties in recognition creates a similarity of products made of silk and viscose. However, there are ways to establish the truth.
- Price. Handmade made in a single copy, so it is not cheap. It does not need discounts, as it is being sold at a high price.
- Combustion. Synthetic, burning, spreads plastic spirit, cotton turns into ashes, like paper. Silk melts, exuding the smell of burning hair. It is difficult to check: it is a pity to set fire to an expensive thing, even a single bundle.
- Friction. More humane, but not one hundred percent way. If you rub natural silk, it becomes warmer. However, viscose is also heated.
- Structure. When rolled into a roll, silk fibers do not crack at all, do not crack, their structure is not disturbed, like in viscose.
- Tactile sensations. To the touch real silk is pleasant, soft, elastic. At the same time it is easily rumpled.
- Certificate. Like any expensive product, handmade silk carpets are always supplied with relevant documents confirming the quality and origin. The lack of them from the seller clearly indicates a fake.
If there is no certainty, it is worth contacting a specialized laboratory.
Handmade or car?
Whether or not a carpet really keeps the warmth of human hands that have woven it, as the seller swears, can be installed on several grounds.
- Fringe. Making by hand, it is created from the warp threads. To the machine product is sewn, which give the tie on the side trim.
- The identity of the face and wrong side. In the manual version, both sides are the same in brightness. At machine work the inside out is dull.
- Substrate. In machine samples there is a hard-to-glue base. For handmade products, flexible threads are used.
- Pile. In hand-made thick, without gaps, dense. A woolen base with silk ornament or pure silk is used.
- "Defects". A person weaving, for example, Iranian carpets, is not a robot or a computer, therefore his work is not as perfect as the thousands of clones stamped by the machine. But that's the beauty: a little noticeable deviation in the pattern or tonality, subtle symmetry breaking. They are unique, make a "twin" is very difficult.
- Label "Handmade" on the carpet from the wrong side.
According to these signs, it is possible to distinguish the product of machine work from manual and buy a truly unique thing.
Silk carpets are durable, but they easily and quickly become soiled. Regardless of the method of production require delicacy in use and care in the care, which is as follows:
- vacuuming in any way is impossible, especially with household chemicals, so as not to destroy the structure of the carpet;
- get rid of dust, shaking out every month;
- clean the pile direction with a soft brush or chamois;
- stains are removed with a weak solution of soda;
- solid fragments that fall on it are removed without delay, the liquid is carefully collected (in no way rub it!) from the carpet;
- dry the product in the shade and at the natural temperature (without heating the hair dryer, laying on the battery or in direct sunlight).
These requirements apply if you have rayon rugs. They are also attractive, but do not require increased attention and give the owners much less hassle.
Heavily soiled natural silk carpet requires only dry cleaning. Cleaning silk carpets is expensive, but at home it is impossible to take into account all the nuances. It is better not to save, because it costs even more.
Compliance with these rules will extend the life of a valuable thing. It will last longer and will become a family heirloom.
Silk carpets in the interior
They, like any natural material, are much less resistant to abrasion compared to synthetics, are quickly dirty, and professional cleaning of silk carpets is not cheap. Therefore, they are not laid in areas with intensive movement and a large number of people. In private housing the best solution - an office or bedroom. In public places such as restaurants or hotels, these are VIP zone attributes. They give status to the office manager or business person.