Depending on the location and the chosen construction, vertical gardening can not only serve as an interior decor item, but also to hide existing defects. This way to revive the interior has earned the popularity of many people due to the relative simplicity of manufacture and a huge range of styles and designs. The design of vertical gardening is chosen independently, which makes it possible to use your own ideas to improve the interior and exterior decoration.
Types of vertical gardening
There are several types of vertical gardening, which have their own distinctive characteristics and are suitable for decorating certain spaces.
With the help of climbing plants
The most affordable way that is suitable for decorating different areas. You can design in the form of floating vines. Climbing plants can be used for making hedges. To decorate a country house or cottage, you can use vertical gardening of facades.
With the help of pots
They are vessels with flowers that are mounted on poles or independent structures. Flowerpots can be of various shapes: round, oval, square, etc. This type of landscaping is used to improve the interior of city streets, garden and country areas. The use of flowerpots with flower arrangements is an ideal option for vertical gardening of balconies.
For this purpose several types of phytoconstructions are used:
- The most affordable option are designs consisting of hanging baskets, on the sides of which there are special slots. Various plants are planted in them. Together, the planted flowers form the shape of a ball. The internal cavity of the vessel is lined with a special material that contributes to the retention of moisture. The ideal option would be wool or coconut fibers, as well as uncultivated wood waste.
- Phytowall The most difficult type of landscaping rooms. It is a curtain, which includes a large number of pockets, in which various ornamental plants are planted.
- Fitomodul. Another name is phyto-pattern. The basis of the design is an ordinary frame for the picture. The size is selected individually. Also for the manufacture you need to purchase a plywood canvas, the dimensions of which will correspond to the frame dimensions, and a wire mesh. This design for vertical gardening is made quite simple. The frame must be turned face down. After that, a wire mesh is attached to its base. For fastening the construction stapler will approach. Moss and soil are placed on the net. After which it is fixed with plywood. Then planting is done. It is recommended to begin the process with planting large specimens. And only then supplement the phyto-pattern with small details. Before placing the module on the surface in a horizontal position, it is necessary to irrigate for two weeks so that the plants can take root in the ground. It is possible to use the phytomodule with automatic watering.
This method of improving the interior and exterior has several disadvantages and advantages. The advantages include:
- phytoconstructions look beautiful, fresh, interesting;
- it is possible to collect a large number of different plants on one surface, which will significantly save space;
- small weight phytoconstruction;
- constant enrichment of the room with oxygen;
- a variety of mosaic of leaves makes it possible to create a unique play of shadow and light, making it possible to use a large assortment of effects to determine the mode of shadow structures;
- reduction of dust in the room;
- increased sound insulation.
There are a lot of plants for vertical gardening. They have a number of features that make it possible to use them for the manufacture of vertical gardening.
Conventionally, these plants can be divided into three groups:
- plants that do not need additional support (ivy);
- plants needing help to climb (grapes);
The ideal option would be the following plants for vertical gardening.
It is a large-sized liana. It can grow on any place regardless of the light and moisture of the territory. The growth rate of the plant is quite high.
The main advantage of grapes is that it is able to grow in close proximity to other plants, and it does not require additional support.
In addition, plant care does not cause difficulties. After some time after planting, it suffices to perform regular watering and loosening, as well as to direct the plant towards the support. In the future, to provide care design is not necessary. It is necessary only to make watering periodically. Ideal for vertical gardening in the garden.
The main characteristics are identical to the above type. However, this type of grape is less common in the garden and suburban areas. The plant brings additional benefits, as it is able to bear fruit.
Quite unpretentious plant. It is necessary to carefully observe the plant, because it is characterized by rapid growth. In addition, hops are very difficult to withdraw from the garden or suburban areas.
A beautiful plant with pinkish peach flowers with a pleasant aroma. The main advantage of honeysuckle is its frost resistance, due to which there is no need to remove the plant from the support and place it in a warm place for wintering. Vertical gardening in the country with their own hands is easy to make, using this plant as a constituent element.
Most often used for decorative purposes for interior decoration and loosening. Mosses adorn not only the facades of houses, but also the roofs of residential premises. The service life of vertical gardening with moss can reach 5 years.
Vertical gardening is an affordable way to decorate a garden plot. To make it properly, you need to carefully approach the choice of plants. Ideas for vertical gardening set. It all depends on the fantasy of man and his needs. Vertical gardening in landscape design is applied quite widely. I use it to decorate fences, walls and roofs of rooms.
In addition, widespread vertical gardening in the apartment. You can use finished products, you can make a phytoconstruction yourself, guided by the ideas presented.